Saturday, October 18, 2014

One Crazy Week

Hey Guys!!,

    So I know I always say this but this last week from my last Pday has been the craziest by far! First off we had our Zone Conference with President Bluth  which was awesome, I took alot of notes on all the talks and training we had. They gave us empanadas for lunch which was very much appreciated. I had one that was made with chicken and corn. Yes I know, I've been eating alot of different vegetables like corn, peas, asparagus, and other thingsbut I still absolutely hate salad and tomatos. At the conference I also prematurely celebrated my birthday and they gave all of us who had birthdays, chocolate bars and took pics. I think they're posted on Sister Bluths blog. I got the package with the pics, my music-which for some reason all the music doesn't show up so I don't know if that was a problem with downloading or not- my nutella and beef jerky, and I especially loved the picture of Teancum that Maddie drew. Like I mean I knew she was good, just not that good. I got alot more Dear Elders as well which were reallly apreciated. I love being able to hear about what's going on at home. I got the letters from Maddie and also the copy of Elder Rust's letter which I have read both many times this last week.
 
The night of the conference we had PEC which is where we meet up with all the priesthood leaders in the ward and discuss what we can do for the mission work. President Bluth surprised us by joining us in the middle ofthe meeting. Fortunately we have an awesome ward and we had a great meeting, so great in fact that President Bluth said it was the best PEC he's seen yet as a mission president. After that, President Bluth took us out to dinner and we all have pics. Check Sister Bluth's to get some better pics. Needless to say it was an awesome day. Well the next day wasn't. We were crossing a 15 ft sewage canal to get to an appointment a little bit quicker. What we normally do is cross through some trees but they were cut down so we had to get through by jumping off one of the tree stumps, well I've got to say was bad idea. My bag fell into this nasty sewage canal filled with about 2 ft of water. I had to take off my shoes and roll up my pants and climb down the tree root to get into the canal. I got my bag out but let's just say all my scriptures(Spanish) are destroyed and my camera is over with a member of the Mission Presidency because he's an electronics expert and may be able to fix it for me. I threw all my sd cards and usb stuf into a bag filled with rice and they all work right now so that's something I'm extremely thankful for. But I'll need to buy another set of Spanish Scriptures from LDS store which will cost about 30$. I feel horrible that this happened and that I have to put this strain on along with my contacts that I'll need to buy soon as well. Yes, my week has been crazy with trying to teach and worrying about all my stuff as well. Yes, the other Elders did get pics so I'll be sending those soon so you guys can know how bad it was. So,
I think I'm a little justifed in calling my week a crazy one with a fun but disheartening adventure in the middle of it. I hope everything is going alot better over there in Florida especiallly with winter coming in. Love you guys and I hope everything is good.

                                                                 Love, Elder Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment