Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Exchange to Santa Barbera

Rio Bio Bio
September 15, 2014

Hey Guys, 

 Just want to give you guys an update on whats going on in the last week. On Tuesday, I had a companionship exchange with my DL's (District Leader) companion, Elder T. I went to another sector called Santa Barbera for the night, which is amazing. It's about an hour in the mountains from LA (Los Angeles). You can see an inactive volcano and the Rio Bio Bio (River) which is huge and so beautiful. Don't worry I'm sending pics, so you guys will be able to  get the chance to see what I'm seeing. We're actually going to have another companion exchange this week so I'll be here with my DL, Elder H., who's a really cool guy. It's going to be awesome! I had to go to Concepcion for my eye appt so we took a charter bus to get there. I received my prescription so the appt will be around 50$ and the contacts probably 150-200. I'll let you guys know. 

Chile's Inactive Chaiten Volcano
We've had a hard time getting people to come to church but we've had a part member family attending where the Dad's a member but everyone else isn't. He has a son who's of baptismal age and he wants to be able to baptise him and his wife as well. We also have another family we are teaching and two of them have baptismal dates. They (the other members) are really searching for an answer and we are excited for them. Also, I finished Jesus the Christ which was an amazing book!!! Everyone is super pumped for 18 ordies y ocho which is the biggest holiday of the year with alot of grilling and empenadas, so well see how many pounds I can gain this week. You can tell its the 18th when you can't count how many drunk people you jump over. Everything's going great down here and I hope everything is great there with the new car and such. I call the 44, no questions about it and I'll wrestle anyone for it! I love you guys and hope that you guys stay safe and sound till the mission's over and then, well, safe and sound from a distance will no longer be used then. 

Love you all.

Elder Haynes

Note from Mom:  He has inspired me to read Jesus the Christ! I found it for free, including audio files on this lds media library website

No comments:

Post a Comment